Q: Can I use fresh mushrooms instead of dried ones for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use fresh mushrooms, but the flavor may be slightly different from using dried shiitake mushrooms, which have a more concentrated flavor.
Q: How long should I soak the dried mushrooms before cooking?
A: It’s best to soak dried mushrooms for at least 30 minutes in warm water until they are fully rehydrated.
Q: Is it necessary to fry the chicken before stewing?
A: Frying the chicken first helps remove any gamey taste and adds a richer flavor to the soup, but you can skip this step if you prefer a lighter taste.
Chicken and Mushroom Soup: A Home-style Recipe
- Half a chicken
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 5 red dates
- 5g goji berries
- 2 green onions
- 1 slice of ginger
- 2g salt
- 800g water
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Cut the chicken into pieces.
- Rehydrate the dried mushrooms.
- Fry the chicken briefly to remove any gamey taste.
- Place the fried chicken in a clay pot or a deep cooking pot.
- Add the mushrooms, goji berries, and ginger slices.
- Add water to the pot.
- Stew for about one hour.
- Add chicken seasoning sauce and cook for another two minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious and aromatic chicken and mushroom soup!
- Rich in protein and collagen from the chicken.
- Shiitake mushrooms are a good source of vitamins and minerals.
- Goji berries add antioxidants and may improve overall wellness.
- Low in fat and can be a healthy option for a balanced diet.