Q: Can I replace oyster sauce with soy sauce in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can substitute soy sauce for oyster sauce, but it will alter the flavor slightly.
Q: Is it necessary to blanch the okra before frying?
A: Yes, blanching the okra helps in cooking it evenly and maintains its bright color.
Q: What can be used instead of chicken essence?
A: You can use chicken stock powder or simply omit it for a vegetarian version.
Stir-Fried Okra with Garlic and Chili Sauce
- Fresh Okra, as needed
- Minced Garlic, as needed
- Minced Bird's Eye Chili, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
- Appropriate amount of Cooking Oil
- Oyster Sauce, as needed
- Chicken Essence (MSG), to taste
- Boil water in a pot, add oil and salt. Once boiling, add okra to cook until done.
- Remove the cooked okra and immerse it in cold water to cool down.
- Cut off the head and tail of the cooled okra, split them in half, and arrange them on a plate.
- Heat oil in a pan, add minced garlic and bird's eye chili and fry until fragrant. Add oyster sauce and mix well, then add some water.
- Season with light soy sauce, chicken essence, and sugar. Mix well, then add some water mixed with cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the arranged okra and serve.
- Rich in Dietary Fiber
- Source of Vitamins A and C
- Low in Calories
- Contains Antioxidants