Q: Can I use a different type of fish for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can substitute cod with other firm white fish, but the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fish.
Q: Is it necessary to marinate the cod in sea salt?
A: Marinating in sea salt helps to enhance the flavor, but you can reduce the amount or skip this step if you are watching your sodium intake.
Q: What can I use if I don’t have miso paste?
A: If miso paste is unavailable, you can try using a mix of soy sauce and a small amount of honey, though the flavor profile will be different.
Miso Lemon Cod: A Perfect Blend of Flavors
- Cod fillet - 1 piece
- Black pepper - to taste
- Lemon - a few slices
- Sea salt - as needed
- Butter - 10 grams
- Miso paste - to taste
- Prepare a high-quality piece of cod fillet.
- Marinate the cod with sea salt to infuse the base flavor.
- Drizzle some lemon juice over the cod.
- In a small bowl, squeeze out lemon juice.
- Add a small amount of miso paste to the lemon juice.
- Twist in some black pepper powder and stir well to make the sauce.
- Fry both sides of the cod in butter until golden brown.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the cooked cod before serving.
- Enjoy your flavorful pan-seared miso lemon cod with its crispy exterior and tender interior!
- High in protein
- Contains healthy fats
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Source of vitamins from lemon