Q: Can I use canned pumpkin puree instead of fresh pumpkin?
A: Yes, canned pumpkin puree can be used as a substitute for fresh pumpkin. Ensure it’s unsweetened and not pumpkin pie filling.
Q: What if I don’t have a bread machine for kneading?
A: You can knead the dough by hand or use a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment. The key is to achieve a smooth, elastic dough.
Q: How do I know when the bread is fully baked?
A: The bread is done when it has a golden-brown crust and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. An internal temperature of 190°F (88°C) also indicates it’s fully baked.
Pumpkin Toast Recipe
- 250g High Gluten Flour
- 100g Pumpkin Puree (steamed)
- 30g Egg
- 75g Water
- 25g Sugar
- 3g Salt
- 3g Yeast
- 30g Unsalted Butter A (for dough)
- Unsalted Butter B (for surface), as needed
- Place all ingredients except butter in the bread machine. Start the kneading program until the dough reaches the expansion stage, then add softened butter. Restart the kneading program until the butter is fully integrated and the dough can be stretched thinly (this requires two kneading cycles).
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it ferment in a warm, moist place (like a fermentation box) until it doubles in size. After fermentation, punch down the dough, divide it into three equal parts, cover, and let rest for 20 minutes. After the first roll and rest, let it rest for another 15 minutes before the second roll. This prevents cracking during baking. Place the dough in a loaf pan for a second fermentation until it's 80% full.
- Preheat the oven with the convection setting to 170°C (338°F) for 5 minutes.
- Bake at 170°C (338°F) for 30-35 minutes. Once baked, immediately remove from the mold and cool on a wire rack. Cover with aluminum foil during baking if needed to prevent over-browning. While still warm, brush the top with a layer of butter.
- Enjoy the fluffy texture and stretchiness of the bread.
- Admire the golden color and tempting appearance.
- Enjoy tearing and eating it layer by layer.
- Optionally, bake some salt bread as well on the same day.
- The salt bread remains soft and stretchy even after three days.
- Rich in Carbohydrates
- Contains Protein from eggs and high gluten flour
- Source of Dietary Fiber from pumpkin
- Contains Vitamins and Minerals from pumpkin and egg