Q: Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use frozen shrimp. Just ensure they are thoroughly thawed and properly cleaned before use.
Q: What can I substitute for oyster sauce?
A: If you don’t have oyster sauce, you can use soy sauce or hoisin sauce as a substitute.
Q: Is it necessary to use minced meat in the filling?
A: Minced meat adds flavor and texture, but you can omit it or use a vegetarian alternative if preferred.
Shrimp and Corn Pan-Fried Dumplings
- 150g Shrimp
- 200g Minced Meat
- 150g Corn and Mixed Vegetables
- 300g Dumpling Wrappers
- Seasonings: Light Soy Sauce, Oyster Sauce/Salt, Cooking Oil
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Devein the shrimp, wash, chop into a paste, and marinate with a little cooking wine for 10 minutes to remove any fishy smell.
- In a large bowl, mix the minced meat, shrimp paste, and corn with mixed vegetables.
- Add 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce and a small amount of oyster sauce/salt/cooking oil to the mixture.
- Stir the mixture in one direction until it becomes sticky.
- Place the filling in the center of the dumpling wrappers, fold, and pinch the edges with a bit of water to seal.
- Brush a pan with oil, place the dumplings in, and cook until the bottom turns golden brown.
- Add a small amount of water, cover with a lid, and steam until cooked through.
- When the bottom is golden brown, sprinkle with green onions and black sesame seeds.
- Remove from the pan and serve.
- Enjoy the crispy exterior and juicy, flavorful filling!
- Rich in protein from shrimp and meat.
- Contains vitamins and minerals from corn and vegetables.
- Caloric content mainly from the dumpling wrappers and cooking oil.