Q: Can I use another type of sauce instead of the special Drunken Broth?
A: Yes, you can use a sauce of your preference, but the unique taste of the Drunken Broth is what gives this dish its distinct flavor.
Q: Is it necessary to blanch the okra and lotus root separately?
A: Yes, blanching them separately ensures that each ingredient is cooked perfectly, maintaining its texture and flavor.
Q: Can I prepare this dish in advance?
A: You can prepare the components in advance, but it’s best to assemble and pour the sauce just before serving to maintain the freshness and presentation.
Drunken Dragon Boat: A Delightful Fusion of Okra and Lotus Root
- 11 Okras
- 1 Segment of Lotus Root
- 3 Shrimps
- Appropriate amount of selected Drunken Broth
- A pinch of Salt
- A little Cooking Oil
- A little White Vinegar
- Clean the okra and trim off the ends. Cut and set aside.
- Peel the lotus root, make decorative cuts, and slice thinly. Set aside.
- Clean the shrimps and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and blanch the okra. Remove, cool in cold water, and add a few drops of oil. Then, blanch the lotus root slices with a little vinegar and set aside. Finally, boil the shrimps until cooked.
- Arrange six okras on a plate for the first layer, and place the remaining okras for the second layer.
- Arrange the lotus root slices around the okra.
- Trim off the shrimp heads with scissors and arrange on the plate as shown in the picture.
- Pour the selected Drunken Broth over the arrangement. Adjust the amount of sauce based on your dish size. Your flavorful Drunken Okra and Lotus Root dish is ready to serve, resembling a dragon boat on an autumn lake!
- Rich in dietary fiber (from okra and lotus root)
- Contains protein (from shrimps)
- Low in calories, suitable for a healthy diet