Q: Can I use any type of bread for this recipe?
A: While whole wheat toast is recommended for its nutritional value and texture, you can use any type of bread you prefer.
Q: How thin should I slice the orange?
A: Slice the orange thinly so that it cooks evenly and integrates well with the toast.
Q: Is it necessary to soak the toast in the egg and milk mixture for a long time?
A: Soaking the toast for a bit allows it to absorb the mixture, enhancing the flavor and texture of the final dish. However, avoid soaking it too long to prevent it from becoming too soggy.
Orange Egg Toast
- 1 slice whole wheat toast
- 50 ml pure milk
- 1 egg
- 1 orange
- Whisk one egg with the milk until well combined.
- Soak the whole wheat toast in the milk and egg mixture, allowing it to fully absorb the liquid.
- Let the toast soak for a while as you prepare an orange.
- Cut the orange in half, then slice it thinly. Place a slice on top of the soaked toast.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200 degrees Celsius (392 degrees Fahrenheit) for 10 minutes.
- Rich in Vitamin C from the orange.
- Provides protein and healthy fats from the egg.
- Whole wheat toast offers dietary fiber.
- Milk adds calcium and additional protein.