Q: Can I replace the beef neck meat with another type of beef?
A: Yes, while beef neck meat (shoulder blade near the head) is preferred for its tenderness and marbling, you can use other tender cuts of beef as a substitute.
Q: What if I can’t find specifically “Public Security” three delicacies beef?
A: The “Public Security” style is a regional specialty, but you can use any high-quality braised beef mixture as an alternative. Look for a mix that includes beef and other savory ingredients.
Q: Is there a vegetarian alternative for this dish?
A: Absolutely! You can replace the beef with tofu or a mix of mushrooms for a vegetarian version. Keep the rest of the ingredients the same to maintain the dish’s overall flavor profile.
Quick Solo Meal: Public Security Beef with Three Delicacies and Potato Noodles
- Beef neck meat (shoulder blade near the head), thinly sliced, 120g
- Braised beef with three delicacies, 120g
- 1 egg
- Fresh shiitake mushrooms, 2 pieces
- White radish, 100g
- Baby cabbage, 80g
- Potato noodles, 1 pack (180g)
- Beef fat hot pot base, 1 piece (50g)
- Tai Tai Le fresh chicken juice, to taste
- Light soy sauce, 10g
- Green onions, a small amount
- Fill a pot with a generous amount of water and add the sliced shiitake mushrooms, 100g of sliced white radish, and 80g of baby cabbage. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, crack an egg into the pot and add 180g of potato noodles.
- Cook for about a minute, then add 50g of beef fat hot pot base and 10g of light soy sauce.
- Add a suitable amount of Tai Tai Le fresh chicken juice to enhance the flavor.
- Add 120g of braised beef with three delicacies and cook for another minute.
- Finally, add 120g of thinly sliced beef neck meat.
- Cook for half a minute, then turn off the heat. Sprinkle with a bit of green onions. For an authentic taste, pair with Public Security local green onions, though regular green onions can also be used.
- Note: The beef neck meat is a special part near the shoulder blade of the cow, known for its tender and fatty quality. You can buy pre-sliced versions at supermarkets for convenience.
- High in protein from beef and egg
- Contains complex carbohydrates from potato noodles
- Rich in vitamins and minerals from vegetables like shiitake mushrooms, white radish, and baby cabbage
- Contains fats from beef and beef fat hot pot base