Q: Can I use a regular frying pan instead of an electric griddle for cooking the chicken drumsticks?
A: Yes, you can use a regular frying pan, though cooking times may vary slightly.
Q: Is there a substitute for Szechuan pepper salt in this recipe?
A: If you can’t find Szechuan pepper salt, you can use a mixture of regular salt and a pinch of ground Szechuan peppercorns.
Q: How long should the chicken drumsticks be marinated for optimal flavor?
A: For best results, marinate the chicken drumsticks for 30 minutes or, if time allows, refrigerate and marinate for 2 hours.
Chicken Juice and Szechuan Pepper Salt Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 5g Tai Tai Le fresh chicken juice
- 3g Tai Tai Le chicken essence
- 8g Szechuan pepper salt powder
- 1/2 spoon dark soy sauce
- 3 spoons cooking oil
- 1 spoon cumin powder
- Cut the meat from the bones using scissors as shown in the picture.
- Marinate the chicken drumsticks with Tai Tai Le fresh chicken juice, Szechuan pepper salt powder, dark soy sauce, and Tai Tai Le chicken essence. Mix well and marinate for 30 minutes, or refrigerate for 2 hours for better flavor.
- Brush a layer of oil on an electric griddle and place the marinated chicken drumsticks on it.
- Fry until both sides are golden brown, brush a bit of dark soy sauce for coloring, and sprinkle cumin powder. The whole process should take about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. The chicken drumsticks are now deliciously fragrant and ready to serve.
- High in protein
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals from chicken
- Seasonings may add moderate sodium content