Q: Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?
A: This recipe is best with all-purpose flour, but you can try with others, noting the texture might change.
Q: How important is it to let the dough rest?
A: Allowing the dough to rest makes it easier to handle and helps in developing a better texture for the buns.
Q: Can I substitute the nuts and dried fruits?
A: Yes, you can use different nuts or dried fruits based on your preference or availability.
Brown Sugar Steamed Buns with Nuts and Dried Fruits
- 200g All-purpose Flour
- 110g Warm Water
- 50g Red Dates, chopped
- 40g Nuts (e.g., walnuts)
- 40g Brown Sugar
- 20g Dried Blueberries
- 13g Black Sesame Seeds
- 20g Dried Cranberries
- 2g High-sugar-tolerant Yeast
- Dissolve the brown sugar in warm water, then add the high-sugar-tolerant yeast and stir well.
- Mix the brown sugar water with the flour, then add black sesame seeds and continue stirring.
- Once the flour mixture becomes flaky, start kneading by hand.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and no dry flour remains. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- To prevent sticking, sprinkle some dry flour on the kneading surface and the dough, then roll it into a rectangle.
- Add chopped red dates, nuts, dried cranberries, and dried blueberries evenly over the dough.
- Gently press the toppings into the dough to prevent them from falling out when rolling.
- Roll the dough tightly from one end, ensuring it’s firm.
- Pinch the seams to seal and prevent the buns from unraveling.
- Cut the rolled dough into pieces and arrange them in a steamer.
- Cover and let the buns rise until they are 1.5 times their original size.
- Steam the buns over boiling water for 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let them sit for 5 more minutes before uncovering.
- Enjoy your sweet and nutritious brown sugar steamed buns!
- Rich in carbohydrates and dietary fiber
- Contains vitamins and minerals from nuts and dried fruits
- Energy-dense, suitable for breakfast or snacks