Q1: Can I substitute the Norwegian cod with another type of fish?
A1: Yes, you can use other firm white fish, but Norwegian cod is preferred for its texture.
Q2: Is it necessary to defrost the cod before cooking?
A2: Yes, defrosting the cod ensures even cooking and better absorption of flavors.
Q3: Can I adjust the amount of chopped pepper based on my spice preference?
A3: Absolutely, adjust the amount of chopped pepper to suit your taste.
Q4: What is the purpose of pouring hot oil over the finished dish?
A4: Pouring hot oil enhances the aroma and flavor of the dish, especially the scallions and chopped pepper.
Q5: How do I know the fish is perfectly cooked?
A5: The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork and is opaque all the way through.
Chopped Pepper Steamed Norwegian Cod
- Norwegian Arctic Cod: 200 grams
- Chopped Pepper: 1 spoon
- Light Soy Sauce: 1 spoon
- Spring Onions and Ginger: to taste
- Cooking Wine: 1 spoon
- Cooking Oil: 2 spoons
- Take the Norwegian cod from the fridge, remove bones, and defrost. Wash it thoroughly and place it in a dish.
- Drizzle with cooking wine and soy sauce, spread chopped pepper, and add ginger slices and spring onions on top.
- Once the water in the steamer boils, place the dish in and cover it to steam for 10 minutes.
- After the time is up, turn off the heat and remove the steamed fish dish.
- Remove the ginger and spring onions.
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onions and pour hot oil over the dish. Your nutritious and appetizing chopped pepper steamed Norwegian cod is ready!
- This dish is simple and convenient, requiring no prior marination. The direct steaming with seasonings and finishing with scallions and hot oil releases an instant burst of aroma, offering a delicious combination of the firm texture of the fish with the salty and fresh flavors of the chopped pepper and scallion oil.
- High in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids from the cod.
- Low in calories, making it a healthy choice for a balanced diet.
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals from the fish and seasonings.