Q: Can I use a different type of fish for this recipe?
A: Yes, while this recipe uses Norwegian Arctic cod, you can substitute it with other firm white fish.
Q: Is it necessary to use a food processor for the pork?
A: Using a food processor ensures a smooth blend of pork and cod, but you can also manually mince the pork if you don’t have a processor.
Q: Can I bake these fish cakes instead of frying?
A: Yes, you can bake them at 375°F (190°C) for about 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through, for a healthier option.
Norwegian Cod Fish Cakes
- 100g Norwegian Arctic Cod
- 150g Pork Mince
- 5g Dry Starch
- 1 Egg
- 2g Salt
- Cut the pork into chunks and blend in a food processor.
- Add the Norwegian cod to the blended pork and continue to process until well mixed.
- Crack an egg into the mixture.
- Add a suitable amount of dry starch.
- Season with a little bit of salt and mix in one direction until the mixture is firm.
- Form the mixture into small patties.
- Cook the patties in a skillet over low heat until browned on one side, then flip and continue to cook.
- Once cooked, serve immediately. Enjoy the aromatic and delicious fish cakes!
- Rich in Protein
- Low in Carbohydrates
- Contains Omega-3 Fatty Acids (from Cod)