Q: Can I use rum instead of water to soak the raisins?
A: Yes, soaking the raisins in rum adds extra flavor to the cookies.
Q: Is it necessary to use low-gluten flour for this recipe?
A: Low-gluten flour is recommended for a tender texture in the cookies.
Q: How do I know when the butter and sugar are well creamed?
A: The mixture should be light and fluffy after creaming.
Raisin Butter Cookies
- 160g Butter
- 38g Granulated Sugar
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 220g Low-Gluten Flour
- 90g Full-Fat Milk Powder
- 90g Raisins
- Soak the raisins in water or rum in advance.
- Soften the butter, then cream it with sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add egg yolks to the butter, stirring well after each addition.
- Mix in the low-gluten flour and milk powder until well combined.
- Once the dry ingredients are incorporated, add the soaked raisins and mix to form a dough.
- Take 14-15g of dough per cookie, roll into balls, and flatten slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange the cookies. Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake on the middle rack at 200°C for 23 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy your homemade raisin butter cookies!
- Calories: Varies based on cookie size
- Rich in Carbohydrates and Fats
- Contains Protein from Egg Yolks and Milk Powder