Q: Can I substitute the ham sausage with another type of meat?
A: Yes, you can use other types of sausages or thinly sliced meats as an alternative.
Q: Is it necessary to use both kinds of soy sauce?
A: Using both light and dark soy sauce helps balance the flavor, but you can adjust according to taste or use only one type.
Q: Can I make this dish less spicy?
A: Absolutely! Reduce the amount of chili powder and peppers to adjust the spiciness to your preference.
Spicy Cumin Ham: A Delightful Stir-Fry Dish
- 4 Ham sausages
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Toasted white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili powder
- 3-6 Dried chilies
- 3-6 Green and red chilies
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon Light soy sauce
- A dash of dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- A pinch of chicken powder
- Slice the ham sausages and bell peppers. Lightly fry the sausages in a pan with a bit of oil until golden brown, then set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté minced garlic and dried chilies in a small amount of oil. Then add the bell peppers and stir-fry briefly.
- Add the ham sausages back to the pan, followed by the light soy sauce, a dash of dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili powder, cumin, and a pinch of chicken powder. Stir-fry until everything is evenly coated and fragrant.
- Finish by sprinkling toasted white sesame seeds on top.
- Enjoy with rice - three bowls might not be enough!
- Rich in protein from the ham sausages
- Contains antioxidants from the cumin and chilies
- Energy-giving carbohydrates if served with rice