Q: Can I substitute the chicken sauce in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use vegetable broth or soy sauce as an alternative.
Q: Is it necessary to blanch the vegetables before stir-frying?
A: Blanching helps in softening the vegetables and retaining their color, but you can skip this step if you prefer crunchier vegetables.
Q: What can I serve with this stir-fry?
A: This dish pairs well with rice or noodles for a complete meal.
Stir-Fried Snow Peas and Lotus Root Slices
- Lotus root, a small segment
- 1/4 carrot
- A handful of snow peas
- 3 slices of ginger
- Chicken sauce, to taste
- A pinch of salt
- Slice the lotus root and carrot. Clean and prepare the snow peas.
- Bring water to a boil and blanch the vegetables until semi-cooked. Drain well.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan. Stir-fry the blanched vegetables.
- Add salt and chicken sauce, and continue to stir-fry until well mixed.
- Serve hot, ensuring the dish is colorful and fragrant.
- Low in calories and fat
- High in dietary fiber and vitamins
- Good source of antioxidants