Q: Can I use other fish for this recipe?
A: Yes, while this recipe is for pomfret, you can use similar white fish, adjusting cooking time as needed.
Q: How do I know when the fish is perfectly cooked?
A: The fish is done when the meat is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
Steamed Pomfret: A Classic Home Recipe
- 1 Pomfret fish
- 2 stalks of green onions
- 10 grams of ginger, julienned
- 1 spoon of salt
- Clean the pomfret and make several diagonal cuts on both sides of the fish.
- Season the fish inside and out with salt.
- Place ginger inside the fish and in the cuts.
- Chop green onions and scatter over and under the fish.
- Prepare the steamer and bring the water to a boil.
- Place the fish in the steamer and cover.
- Steam the fish over medium heat for about 10-12 minutes, depending on the size of the fish.
- Check for doneness; the flesh should be opaque and flake easily.
- Carefully remove the fish from the steamer and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with additional green onions and serve hot.
- Rich in protein
- Low in saturated fat
- Source of omega-3 fatty acids
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals