Transform your culinary creations with the magic of baked baking soda! Baking soda, when baked, turns into sodium carbonate, bringing a unique alkalinity perfect for homemade pretzels, alkaline noodles like ramen, and more. Dive into this guide to unleash the full potential of your kitchen adventures!
- Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- Water (for rinsing or making a solution, if needed)
- Preheat your oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Line a rimmed baking sheet or an aluminum pie pan with aluminum foil.
- Spread a thin, even layer of baking soda onto the lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 30 minutes to ensure even conversion.
- Once baked, the baking soda’s weight should be reduced to about 2/3 of its original weight. Use a digital scale to verify this.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Store the baked baking soda in an airtight container indefinitely.
- If using for pretzels or alkaline noodles, dissolve the necessary amount in water and follow your recipe’s instructions for use.
For precise results and the best culinary experience, make sure to measure your ingredients accurately and follow the instructions closely. Happy cooking!
Explore more about baked baking soda with these resources: