Q: Can I use a different type of yam for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use different types of yams, but Chinese yam (Huai Shan) is recommended for its unique texture and flavor.
Q: Is there a substitute for fermented rice wine?
A: While fermented rice wine adds a distinct flavor, you can substitute it with a mild rice wine or even a bit of sherry if necessary.
Q: How do I know when the yams are perfectly cooked?
A: The yams should be tender yet slightly crisp. Avoid overcooking to maintain their texture.
Spicy Chinese Yam Stir-Fried with Fermented Rice Wine
- Fermented Rice Wine Chili: As needed
- Chinese Yam (Huai Shan): 150g
- Slice the ingredients.
- Blanch the Chinese yam in boiling water.
- Add the fermented rice wine chili to the yam.
- Cook in a wok, adding vinegar towards the end of cooking.
- This dish is rich in carbohydrates and fiber from the yam.
- Contains antioxidants and vitamins from the fermented rice wine chili.
- Low in fat, making it a healthy choice for a stir-fry dish.