Q: What is the key to getting the sugar syrup right for the Candied Pomelo Skewers?
A: The key is to cook the sugar and water mixture on medium heat until it turns into a bubbling caramel color, constantly stirring. To test, dip a chopstick in the syrup and place it in cold water; it should harden immediately.
Q: Can I use other fruits instead of pomelo for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use other fruits, but the unique flavor and texture of pomelo particularly complement the crispy sugar coating.
Candied Pomelo Skewers
- 200 ml Water
- 400 g Sugar
- 1 Pomelo
- Break the pomelo into small pieces.
- Skewer the pomelo pieces with bamboo sticks.
- Mix 200 ml of water with 400 g of sugar and stir well.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat until it bubbles and turns a caramel color, stirring continuously.
- Test the sugar syrup by dipping a chopstick into it and then into cold water; if it hardens, it's ready.
- Drizzle the hot sugar syrup over the skewered pomelo pieces.
- Enjoy your crunchy and sweet Candied Pomelo Skewers!
- Calories: Varies depending on serving size
- Carbohydrates: High (mostly sugars from the coating)
- Vitamins: Contains some vitamin C from pomelo