Q: Can I replace baby bok choy with another type of vegetable in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use other leafy greens like spinach or regular bok choy, but cooking times may vary.
Garlic Chicken Sauce Baby Bok Choy
- Baby Bok Choy 500g
- 1 tablespoon Chicken Sauce (preferably Tai Tai Le brand)
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce (preferably Tai Tai Le brand)
- 3g Salt (for blanching)
- Half a head of Garlic
- Appropriate amount of Cooking Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Starch, diluted
- Cut the top off the baby bok choy, soak in salted water for half an hour, then rinse clean.
- Halve the bok choy and rinse again.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Dilute the starch in water and set aside.
- Boil water in a pot, add half a spoon of cooking oil and 3g of salt. Blanch the bok choy for 40 seconds, then quickly remove it to retain nutrients and color.
- Arrange the blanched bok choy on a plate.
- In a pan, heat some oil over medium-low heat. Sauté the garlic until golden, then add a tablespoon of chicken sauce and oyster sauce. Add a bit of water, then pour in the diluted starch. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- The garlic chicken sauce is now ready.
- Drizzle the prepared sauce over the bok choy.
- Your delicious and visually appealing Garlic Chicken Sauce Baby Bok Choy is ready to serve!
- Rich in Vitamins A, C, and K
- Low in Calories
- Source of Dietary Fiber