Q: Can I use boneless chicken instead of chicken legs for this recipe?
A: Yes, boneless chicken can be used, but the cooking time may vary slightly.
Q: Is it necessary to use the specific brand of seasoning mentioned in the recipe?
A: No, you can use any similar braised chicken seasoning available to you.
Q: Can I add other vegetables to this dish?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to add vegetables of your choice to personalize the dish.
Homemade Braised Chicken with Mushrooms and Peppers
- 3 Chicken Legs
- 6 Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms
- 30g Green Bell Pepper
- 40g Red Bell Pepper
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 5 Slices of Ginger
- 1 Spoonful of Cooking Wine
- Half a Packet of Braised Chicken Seasoning
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Clean and cut the green and red peppers and shiitake mushrooms. Prepare ginger and garlic slices.
- Chop the chicken legs into small pieces.
- Blanch the chicken pieces in cold water with ginger slices and cooking wine to remove any gamey taste. Remove and set aside after blanching.
- Heat oil in a new pot and sauté ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add chicken and mushrooms and fry until they are dry.
- Add half a packet of the braised chicken seasoning.
- Stir-fry evenly and add enough water to cover the chicken. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to reduce the sauce, then add green and red peppers, cooking until done.
- Ensure each piece of chicken is well-flavored.
- The dish should be rich in sauce and perfect to accompany rice.
- High in protein
- Contains vitamins from bell peppers
- Rich in flavor with a balanced spice profile