Q: What is the best way to ensure the filet mignon is juicy and tender?
A: Sear the steak on both sides to create a crust, then finish cooking with butter for added flavor and tenderness.
Q: How long should the steak rest after cooking?
A: Allow the steak to rest for a few minutes after cooking to ensure the juices redistribute evenly.
Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignon Steak with Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Filet Mignon Steak
- 7 Asparagus Spears
- 7 Cherry Tomatoes
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Garlic Salt, to taste
- 20g Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 15g Butter
- Dry the filet mignon steak with kitchen towels and rub both sides with olive oil and ground black pepper. Let it marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat a frying pan, preferably a German WMF pan, and add the olive oil. Sear the steak on both sides.
- Once the steak has grill marks and is medium-rare, add butter to the pan for extra flavor.
- Add asparagus and cherry tomatoes to the pan, cooking them alongside the steak.
- Flip the steak, season with garlic salt and more black pepper, and continue to cook until desired doneness. Then, remove from heat.
- Plate the steak with asparagus and cherry tomatoes. The steak should be tender and juicy, with a beautiful sear on both sides.
- For added flavor, sprinkle with ground black pepper and serve with A1 Steak Sauce, vegetables, and beer. Slice the steak for easier eating.
- Rich in Protein
- Contains Dietary Fiber from asparagus and cherry tomatoes
- Benefits from healthy fats in olive oil and butter