Q: Can I use frozen salmon for this recipe?
A: Yes, the recipe starts with thawing the salmon.
Q: Is it necessary to use lemon in the marinade?
A: Lemon helps in removing the fishy smell and adds a fresh flavor, but you can adjust it according to your preference.
Q: What if I don’t have black sesame and nori oyster powder?
A: You can substitute with regular sesame seeds and skip the nori oyster powder, though it adds a unique flavor.
Q: Can I bake the salmon instead of pan-frying?
A: Pan-frying is recommended for this recipe to achieve the golden crust, but you can bake it if you prefer.
Japanese-Style Pan-Fried Salmon
- 200g Salmon
- 1 Lemon
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Nori Oyster Powder - 8g
- Chopped Parsley - 5g
- Thaw the salmon and marinate it with lemon for 10 minutes to remove any fishy smell. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Use kitchen foil to absorb any remaining moisture.
- Evenly coat the salmon with black sesame seeds and nori oyster powder.
- Heat a pan with oil on low heat, and add the salmon.
- Pan-fry until each side is golden brown and cooked through. If unsure, add a little water to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley before serving.
- This recipe is a quick and easy method perfect for keeping in your permanent collection.
- High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Source of Protein
- Low in Carbohydrates